Monday, December 27, 2010
Wednesday, December 22, 2010
Tuesday, December 21, 2010
Wednesday, December 15, 2010
We have almost reached the competition deadline....01st of January 2011.
Hurry up guys....Get on board and try to make your university be proud of you!
Register and develop today! : http://www.hsenidmobile.com/appzone/event/competition_register
Posted by AppZone.lk at 3:42 AM
Posted by AppZone.lk at 1:43 AM
Monday, December 13, 2010
We, Hirantha Weerarthna, Sachith Senarath and Aloka Munasinghe are undergraduates of University of Colombo School of Computing (UCSC). “Stock Exchange” is the first application we developed for the AppZone Mobile Application Competition to cater to its users with the latest updates of the share market.
The share prices change very often and the share holders need to sell their shares when there is an incline in their company share values. Therefore they would need to be on alert about the changes happen in the share prices. By using this application users can get the updates of the share market prices simply without loging into the (Colombo Stock Exchange) CSE website or contacting them.
We have developed this application in a very user friendly manner where users can get the information by sending a simple SMS to 4499.
They only have to type shares<space><company ID> and send it to 4499.
By developing this application we were able to gain more knowledge on an area which we had no experience before. At first we thought it would be hard to develop a SMS based application as we were new to that. But it was fun to develop it after understanding the logic behind it properly. Actually the whole process of developing the app was a new experience to us. Indeed we came across some difficulties specially when simulating the app. But the support materials they have provided in the AppZone.lk site were fair enough for us to get on board. We watched the videos on AppZone.lk and it was a huge support to clarify the problems we had. Anyone who is new to developing apps can get a good knowledge by simply referring those videos. It is no rocket science at all, if you have the will and a good business logic which will catch up by the customers.
Posted by AppZone.lk at 2:55 AM
Wednesday, December 1, 2010
I am K.H.Suranga Pathmakumara.I am an undergraduate of Electronics and Telecommunication Department, Faculty of Engineering, University of Moratuwa and currently studying at level 3. As we got to know about the AppZone Mobile Application Competition I came up with an idea to create an app which is a SMS quiz.
The key perspective of my app “IQ Challenge” is to provide both fun and knowledge to the customers and in the meanwhile to get an idea about their IQ level. This is an subscription based application where user have to register. No registration charges but SMS charges will be applied.
Procedure to play the game
1) Type “reg<space>qz” and send and send to 4499 for registration
Then you will get all the instructions of the game and your first question. With the question most probably you will get 4 answers. You have to give the most appropriate answer by its number.
2) Send your answers in the following format
“qz<space>ans<space><your answer number>” to 4499
3) Thereafter you will get a message whether your answer is correct or incorrect. And followed by another message which will give you the next question. If you give the correct answer you will add 10 points to your account.
4) From level 20 to 26 (stage 2) we will not automatically send questions one after another. Customer has to get a question manually. To get a question type a message in following format “qz<space>get”and send to 4499. Then you will receive a question again which you have to send the answer within 5 minutes. Otherwise even though you have given the correct answer it will not be considered as a valid answer.
5) If you want to retry for a question type “qz<space>retry” and send to 4499. Then you will get a new question. Remember that total number of questions that you can try is 150. For stage 2 there will be only 30 questions to try.
6) End of the month the points you have collected for your correct answers will be counted and the winners will be selected to reward with the gifts.
Developing Apps with Appzone
After you understand the basic idea of the process behind your application it is simple to develop your app. If you have a sound programming knowledge, then that’s it. You can download the mchoice aventura simulator and test your app with that.
Motivation to develop Apps
Programming is one of my interests. The advantage for me by developing this application is I got a good experience about web services and about the applications that runs on aventura platform. Also I should mention about the earning potential that a developer can have by developing apps.Of course you can make your own money by developing applications with Appzone.
My thoughts to the other developers
My thought to other students and whoever at the beginning of programming is
“Appzone is giving you a free opportunity to develop your programming skills for the first time in Sri Lanka.So why don’t you take the advantage? And of course you can make your own money on the way.”
Posted by AppZone.lk at 1:26 AM