Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Quick Math on Aventura Platform....

Harsha Sanjeeva Siriwardane- 1st year student, BSc in IT- SLIIT Metro 


"I’m still in the 1st year of my degree I did not have an in-depth knowledge in developing a SMS based application even though I have a fair knowledge in JavaME and have created small applications.

When I first got to know about AppZone from its Facebook fan page I thought it is all about JavaME mobile applications. But after getting to know that it is about SDP based applications such as SMS I was interested in learning SDP Application Development.

At first I came across some difficulties and had no idea on how to work with the simulator and things like that. But the sessions and the assistance given by the AppZone Team was really helpful for me to build up my application successfully.

Usually all the citizens in Sri Lanka cannot afford high end Java Enabled Mobile Phones such as NOKIA N73, Java/Symbian OS enabled phones. But most people can afford a basic phone that has SMS, MMS facilities. That is what AppZone is looking into - provide an open developer environment to create apps for the diverse mass market."




So I came up with an idea to develop a simple scientific calculator that can be used in any mobile phone that has the SMS facility. I named it as “Quick Math”. Following are the basic functions of my application;
  1. Basic Mathematical Operations
  2. Trigonometric Functions
  3. Exponential Functions
  4. Logarithmic Functions
  5. Scientific Equations
  6. Number System Conversions
  7. Currency Conversions
You can read more about my app on my Facebook Fan Page. I believe this app will be very useful for all the O/L, A/L students and also the university students who are in the Math and Science Streams.
I’m delighted to say that I’m of the very first to go live with my application on AppZone. Had not it been the easiness of Aventura Platform and the assistance given by the AppZone Team I’m still at the starting point. I only had to concentrate on the cording part. Rest was all taken care and managed by the Avnetura Platform.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank Etisalat and hSenid Mobile for giving us this valuable opportunity to enter into the market as young entrepreneurs.


The market potential is very high when it comes to SMS based applications as almost all the people can afford to use a mobile with SMS facility and also to send a SMS. You only have to come up with a catchy idea and do a little bit of codling. Aventura will be taking care of the rest.
Take the first step to become an entrepreneur. You only have to deploy your application as the first investment. You’ll be earning a lot in no longer.


So I would like to invite all the industrial developers and university students to join this app revulsion and feel the excitement. Be an Entrepreneur!

No comments:

Post a Comment